Monday, July 11, 2011

seat change

In an effort to brighten and liven my dining room (and with a limited budget at this point in my life), I started with the chairs. The table, chairs and bakers rack were all given to me by my Grandma Dixie and they are perfect for my space (that is, until I find the most precious refractory or pub table with chairs and have the money to spend!), but after living with the bland browns, tans and whites for almost two years, I needed a change and pop of color. Plans are in the works for other dining room fix-me-ups, but for now I'm starting with the easiest and cheapest project--a seat change!
I was at the fabric store a couple weekends ago and browsed through bolts, swatches, samples and remnants galore. I landed on the perfect color and pattern and just couldn't pass it up. Isn't it stunning?
Not to mention, I've been obsessed with ikat patterns for a while now so I might have just been waiting for the perfect color/pattern combination. The simplicity of this particular pattern and it's orange-red color were perfect for, not only a pop of color, but the zing I was looking to add in my eating space.
I purchased one yard and went about my day. A couple days later, I was anxious to get measuring, cutting, folding, stapling and changing the drab tan fabric and that's when it hit me. I was short fabric. So back to the fabric store I go. Another shot of anxiousness and away we went--with a little help from my mom.
Cut. Fold. Unfold because it's creasing. Fold. Hold. Staple. Repeat.
And WAH-LAH! Makes a big difference, huh?! Until next time...pick your seat and hold on tight.
xoxo,
Linds

FYI: My next dining room project is going to be a little more researching and time consuming, but I promise to post when I get started or completed, or both. It's going to be huge, people and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment