Sunday, October 10, 2010

One Woman and One Man

I never thought the weekend would come. I last posted about a couples shower Brooke, Amber and I hosted for our best friend, Ashley and her fiance Luke. This particular weekend was full of wedding activities for the big day...October 2, 2010.

I took a vacation day on Friday to spend time with the bridal party. We started the day off with a manicure and pedicure. The entire wedding party wasn't in attendance and it still took us about 3 hours to get all fixed up.
Cindy, Brooke and Ashley

Van making Ashley perfect for her special day!
After our beauty fix, we decided to eat lunch at Nibbles, a local cafe with delectible food. For the afternoon, we split up to get last minute errands run. We gathered at the church for rehearsal at 6:00 p.m. Ashley was calm and organized. Rehearsal lasted about an hour and it was off to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner.

(While downtown one day, I had mentioned to Blake how we should go there to eat because it was very delicious and I hadn't been there since I was in middle school. So I was estatic when I received the rehearsal dinner inviation.)

Dinner was wonderful. I filled my belly with garlic butter, bread, salad, chicken, and a bite or two of Blake's 15-layer lasanga. It was just like I remembered. Great Italian food! Dinner and dessert was consumed, bridal party and groomsman gifts were handed out after. All the groomsmen and ushers received Magellan shirts in an array of colors. All the bridesmaids received these gorgeous boxes and inside them was a pair of earrings we were to wear to the ceremony. All the house party ladies received different necklaces.

Later that evening, we gathered at Ashley's parents house to spend the night with Ashley Stone one last time. We had to make a trip to Wal-Mart to help with some last minute honeymoon packing items - shampoo and conditioner, kleenex, etc. We stayed up until about 2 a.m., but we quickly realized we needed our beauty sleep. First appointment on Saturday was bridal brunch at 9 a.m. Lights out!

No comments:

Post a Comment