Friday, September 30, 2011

fur-spiration

About a year ago, I went to New Orleans for the first time. Unfortunately, it was for work and I didn't get much play time, but I managed to drop by a couple shops on Magazine Street. I walked into a little shop and immediately fell in L-O-V-E with this fur stool. I even think my mouth dropped and I might have drooled slightly. But I was slapped back to reality when I saw the price tag. $700 WHAT?!
Recently, I went back to New Orleans, again for work. (Note to self: book a trip to New Orleans for FUN!) And guess what?... The stool was still there and not on sale. Upsetting.

I don't have a cool table to place this stool under yet. And, well, I don't have $700 to drop on a stool so I decided to make my own. I found these two little stools at a local antique store. Two is better than one, right? And I found this fur at First Monday in Canton, Texas. All my supplies totaled a mere $80.
 
I simply marked the fur on the hide side about an inch wider than the stool seat template. And I took my trusty staple gun and fired away!
After I finished both seats, I screwed them back in and wa-la!
I am blown away. I am in love with them and the best part...I still have enough fur left to make a good, large size pillow! I can't wait to make that next. I saved $620. Got two stools and eventually a pillow. Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment