Monday, November 22, 2010

movie date night

Blake and I treated ourselves to dinner and a movie last night. It was wonderful. We haven't been on a dinner and movie date night in a long time it seems. As a matter of fact, I don't even recall the last movie I watched in the theaters. Our date went a little something like this:

Dinner.
We landed on Zio's Italian Kitchen. I also can't recall the last time I ate at Zio's either, but it was just as I remembered. We each got an appetizer and shared a main course. It was romantic--just like Lady and the Tramp. We slurpped on spaghetti until we kissed while eating the same noodle.
Okay. I lied. It was nothing like that because we didn't get spaghetti, meatballs or rudely slurp our noodles. But it was nice to just sit, be served (by a nice waiter--those are hard to come by nowadays) and enjoy dinner conversations and laughs with Blake. Being the gentleman Blake is, he paid for dinner and we were on our way to the movies.

Movie.
The evening feature we attened? Due Date. With a couple good reviews from family and friends and no real chick flicks to drag Blake in, we "agreed" on Due Date.
Don't read any further if you don't want details revealed, although I'm not a very good movie spoiler, I would hate to upset anyone.

The movie was downright hilarious! I don't remember one part of last night where I wasn't laughing. Looking back, it's very similar to the Hangover. Men Boys on a quest to get home in one piece for a life changing event. Where as Hangover was for a wedding, Due Date was for a first-born birth. No explanation needed really. Peter (Robert Downey Jr.) is tormented on a cross-country drive from Atlanta to L.A. Hollywood with an uncanny Ethan (Zach Galifianakis). These two characters managed to make a lifetime of memories on the highways and at the pit stops. While realizing dreams (or nightmares) really do come true, they promise to call e-mail and keep in touch. Sunny, the dog, is a constant laugh throughout as well. If you have a furry companion, there is good probability that one of their weird habits is played out by Sunny. I suggest everyone see this movie, even if you wait until it comes out on DVD, it's a must see. At least in my opinion.

Blake-
Thank you for a wonderful date night. Only next time, it will be chick flick and you will enjoy it.
Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment